Friday, December 18, 2009

Cute Face = Staying Alive

Some days I wonder how I filled my time before I was a mom. Life must have been so easy! I look at people who have more than one child and wonder why they are not institutionalized ;)


Anyhow, here are just a few reasons why Clay's cute little face and personality keep him alive:

1. Not a day goes by that the toilet paper doesn't get shredded and hidden in every nook and cranny, everything in the dishwasher and cupboards is pulled out and hidden around the house, and at least one thing is dropped in the toilet everyday.

2. The neighbors probably think I am beating him every time he needs a diaper change. I have to put my leg over his chest and arms, so he can't get away or get his hands in his diaper.

3. Without fail, at mealtimes, most of his food is dropped or thrown on the floor.

4. Whenever the phone goes up to my ear, he is right there tugging on my legs making an awful sqwaking sound. As soon as I put the phone down, he runs off and plays happily!

5. If I am in the shower or putting on my make up, he has to join in the fun or he is not happy. Those things usually have to wait til naptime.

Hopefully our next child will be cute, otherwise he/she might not be so lucky!


However, aside from his cute face, here are some other things that keep me loving this job: His raspy little laugh, his excitement to see me when I get him out of his crib, his little hands and face while he's discovering new things, watching him play with his daddy, his slobbery kisses and soft skin, laughing at himself in the mirror, his cuddles and gappy-toothed smiles, his funny little run, his innocence and tenderness.



20 comments:

Mallory Hanna said...

It's totally crazy that people have more than one child! I don't know how they do it. Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done. Clay is super cute, good thing for him.

Unknown said...

Sometimes I ask myself the same thing and I have 2 kids! There came a point where we knew we were ready and wanted another kid but now that I have 2 I can't imagine having 3 or more! But yet I know there will still come a point where we are ready and willing to try for another one....I just don't see #3 happening anytime soon for us. hehe.

Being a mom is definitely hard work. The hardest thing I've ever done, yet it seems to bring the most happiness and joy and makes it all worth it! Clay is adorable!

Morgan said...

I wonder how I get anything done too. But you do! The fuller your schedule is, the more organized you can be, and the more you can get done. However...kids are crazy. Like you said. I totally agree with it all...

Jamie Blake said...

Clay looks SO grown up!!!! I can't believe how much he's changed in just a few months.

Amy said...

Wrestling diaper thing...totally normal and I completely agree with #4. I can remember a time when I was running circles around my house trying to get AWAY from my screaming child while I took a phone call. WOW! Nap time is heaven sent.

Anonymous said...

I sometimes wonder why I HAVEN'T been institutionalized! Clay is cute, makes the craziness only a little bit easier.

Sarah said...

What a fun little guy you have. I cannot imagine life without them either.

Christy said...

lol! I say similar things to myself too! I don't know how people with like 6-10 kids do it, I would be put into a mental hospital for sure! My sister in law has to put her legs on her little boy to change him too, or have someone else hold him down. Clay is super super cute in those pics. You are a great mom Melissa!

Andrew and Lauren said...

Very cute :) I see I'm not the only one who has a hard time changing diapers. He's either trying to get his hands in or trying to roll over! I have to give him a toy to distract him.

Zak and Allysia said...

Having 2 children, there are definitely some days that I SHOULD be institutionalized!

Anonymous said...

What a cute, funny little guy. He looks so big!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple days!

Becca Lund said...

my lifelong goal is to be half as good of a mother as you are! What a cutie pie!!!

Aubrey Jane said...

He is soo cute! This post makes me so excited to have a little boy.

Carissa said...

haha Love it! I don't know how moms with more than one do it either! Some day we'll be brave enough to join the club. :) Love the bit about the diaper changing.... hehe Oh the joys!

Lisa said...

He is one of the cutest!!! I'm gonig to miss seeing him and you around!!! Enjoy him, laugh a lot even when you can't see the funny side, you will later!

Eric and Heidi-Evalyn Kowallis said...

I agree being a Mommy is a lot of work but I would and have chose it over any other job in the world ;) I would recommend a baby gate in your bathroom doorway. That way you can keep the Tp where it should be and the things out of the toilet, oh and get ready with him standing next to you and not in trouble. ;) That is what we have to do with Aden and it seems to work good. Good Luck being a Mommy!

adorable pearsons said...

I totally stumbled across your blog (through the Taylor's) and was so excited to see your cute face again! I sure hope your remember me (Misti Pearson - 51st ward- Rexburg) so this isn't super creepy :). Your little boy is darling and your family is adorable. It's great to see life is good! We have a blog too- however, we're private. If you want a peek- feel free to email me your address cottagequotes@yahoo.com!

Lempskies said...

Hope you are enjoying Utah!

Miss you guys- Julie & Troy

Adam and Britt said...

Oh Clay is so so cute and getting so big!

i love love said...

he looks so cute on the weighing scale..kids really are stress relievers..my mom used told me that she would rather go home and spend the night with us than in one of those hydra hotels if she ever gets sent to 1 day conferences..and i thought that was sweet of her